Restoring the Innate Intelligence
and Sensuality of Your Body
You Have the Power
to Change Habit Patterns
Encoded deep within your nervous system is nature’s blueprint for the optimal functioning of your back. It can become obscured by the stresses of life, injuries, and misguided cultural directives toward the “ideal” posture.
Your Back in Nature is a simple and enjoyable sensory-motor learning process that cultivates awareness through gentle movement and guided attention.
It helps you:
- Address discomfort or limitation at a core level in your nervous system.
- Increase your capacity to “feel” or “sense” what you are doing.
- Discover new pathways toward comfort, ease, and pleasure.
- Reconnect your spine to the functional integrity of your whole body in motion.
Back in Nature empowers you to rediscover nature’s design
Your Back in Nature is inspired by the innovative work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. Grounded in movement science, brain research, the martial arts and psychology, Feldenkrais’ revolutionary thinking has shaped our understanding of the relationship between movement, sensing, feeling and thinking, and the role of awareness in restoring health and wholeness.
The Feldenkrais Method® extols our human capacity for learning at any age!
Your Back in Nature is beneficial for you if you:
- have functional back pain and limitation,
- suffer discomfort in the neck, shoulders and hips.
- seek overall stress relief
- wish to enhance self/body image, and the feeling of well-being.
- want to improve skills, as in sports and the arts, or
- simply want to move freer and younger!
Marilyn Hardy, M.S., Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 1983, works in the Brunswick and Portland areas of Maine, and brings her unique style and perspective to this 2-CD program. Enjoy!